His lawyers claim his planning was just “puffery and bragging.”
This is a brief update of the story I posted here last month.
From the Associated Press. Readers, do you realize the progress being made here?
The word refugee is in the headline!
This AP story could easily have read: “Pittsburgh man pleads not guilty…”
Syrian refugee pleads not guilty to church bomb plot charges
PITTSBURGH (AP) — A Syrian refugee accused of plotting to bomb a Christian church in Pittsburgh to inspire Islamic State of Iraq followers has pleaded not guilty to terrorism charges.
Mustafa Mousab Alowemer entered his plea Wednesday during his arraignment in federal court. His lawyers have dismissed the alleged plotting as “puffery and bragging.”
Alowemer is charged with attempting to provide material support and resources to the Islamic State of Iraq and two counts of distributing information about an explosive, destructive device, or weapon of mass destruction.
Authorities claim he had detailed plans to bomb the Legacy International Worship Center, a small Christian church.
Authorities say Alowemer was born in Syria and came to the United States in 2016 [as one of Obama’s 15,000+ robustly vetted Syrian refugees—-ed]. He was arrested last month while meeting with undercover FBI agents.
As I said previously, when I began ‘Frauds and Crooks’ in January of this year I expected to be writing about frauds involving Food stamps, Medicare, Medicaid, grant fraud, immigration scams and so forth, but instead I’m now writing mostly about violent crimes planned or perpetrated by so-called “new Americans” —stories largely overlooked by the mainstream media!
Editor: As we work on getting this blog and Refugee Resettlement Watch hosted elsewhere there may be a glitch or two along the way. Yesterday that happened with my update on the Kenyan Killer story, see here, where the link did not work.
Well, at least this Liberian didn’t get away with the all too common marriage scam which we have mentioned in a couple of posts lately*** involving men who married, or attempted to marry Americans, in order to stay in the US after initially getting into the country on a visitor visa of some sort. See how he was caught lying……
From Fox News,
Green card scam thwarted by ‘best sex ever’ text that arrived as immigration agent was reviewing phone, prosecutors say
A Liberian soccer player’s attempt to trick U.S. immigration authorities into giving him a green card backfired after an agent in Rhode Island viewing the phone of the woman claiming to be his wife saw an incoming message from another person thanking her for the “best sex ever,” prosecutors say.
Prince Mark Boley, 30, is now facing up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine after being convicted by a federal court this week of lying to immigration officials and providing false information on immigration documents, the U.S. Attorney’s Office of the District of Rhode Island announced.
The steamy text that sparked an investigation into his behavior came in June 2017, when authorities were questioning the validity of his marriage to a U.S. citizen that occurred a year earlier, the office said. Boley was seeking a green card and the woman he claimed to be his wife allowed an immigration officer to review her phone in hopes to make clear that the two truly were in love.
While the officer was going through messages on her device, a new one popped up – from “Chriss”, complimenting her for the “best sex ever”, the Providence Journal reported.
[….] “At trial, the woman testified that her marriage to Boley was a sham, and that she married Boley solely for the purpose of him obtaining a green card,” the office continued. “She testified that she and Boley did not live together and never had a physical relationship, but that Boley did take steps to create a paper trail that he resided with her, such as having some of his mail sent to her address where he did not live.”
*** Both the Kenyan Killer, Billy Chemirmir, and the Nigerian who brutally murdered the Utah coed either did marry or attempted to marry Americans in order to stay in the country. How many more are out there?
Update July 25th: Dallas DA going for death penalty, see here.
This is a story the national news is not touching!
Billy Kipkorir Chemirmir who is now behind bars and with an ICE enforcement hold on him is on his way to becoming one of Texas’s most notorious serial murderers, but most Americans will never hear of the case.
Why is that? Because the man charged in twelve deaths (so far) of vulnerable senior citizens and suspected now in seven more (mostly very elderly women) is African (all but one of his alleged victims are white) and is here illegally.
And, because his crimes are so heinous I believe the media doesn’t want Trump to know about it as immigration continues to climb in importance in the run-up to 2020.
Think about it! Women, like the latest possible victim, would be alive today playing with her great grandchild if law enforcement had removed this creep from the country years ago.
I’m not letting this case disappear, go herefor my growing archive. Frankly the story needs to be told in a full length book! Continue reading “Kenyan Killer Update: Illegal Alien Billy Chemirmir a Suspect in 19th Murder”→
Of course they do! If the President reduces the number of refugees permitted to enter the US through the US Refugee Admissions Program they will take a huge hit to their pocketbook.
(Except of course that they will still receive millions of dollars annually for ‘caring’ for the Unaccompanied Alien Children swarming across our border.) I told you a few days ago that rumors were being spread among the federal refugee contractors that the President in his annual determination due for submission in September is contemplating a big fat goose egg for the number of refugees to be welcomed to your towns and cities in FY2020.
This story at Catholic News Network is meant to gin-up Leftwing Catholics to complain to the White House and Congress about Trump.
US bishops say reported shutdown of refugee program is ‘disturbing’
Washington D.C., Jul 22, 2019 / 01:01 pm (CNA).- If reports of major cuts to the U.S. refugee resettlement and asylum programs are true they are alarming, the chair of the US bishops’ migration committee said Friday.
Politico has reported that officials in the Trump administration were considering cutting the annual refugee cap next year to zero, or to greatly reduced numbers such as 10,000 or 3,000. This represents the total number of refugees that would be allowed into the United States in the next fiscal year.
“This recent report, if true, is disturbing and against the principles we have as a nation and a people, and has the potential to end the refugee resettlement program entirely,” Bishop Joe S. Vásquez of Austin said July 19..
The reports were leaked to Politico from three individuals close to recent meetings of security officials.
“As Pope Francis has said we must work for ‘globalization of solidarity’ with refugees, not a globalization of indifference. Rather than ending the program, we should work instead to restore the program to its historic norms of an annual resettlement goal of 95,000,” Vasquez concluded.
More here. And, go here for Vasquez’s full statement as chair of the Migration Committee for the USCCB.
The Bishops will lose MILLIONS of dollars in income!
Conspicuously absent from either of those reports is any mention of the USCCB’s boodle from the feds (well, from you the US taxpayers).
So I went to see what I could find about how much the Bishop’s Migration Fundis being paid to place refugees in your towns and found this report about their funding in 2017.
Previously the Bishops had a very slick annual report (here in 2014) on their Migration Fund, but now they have their federal bucks buried in a larger financial statement. See it here.
This is a screenshot showing the millions you gave (involuntarily) to their refugee business income. Again, this is just their refugee pile of money, and does not include millions more in federal funding this ‘Christian charity’ gets from the government.
Tell the President to cut refugee numbers and get rid of the contractors who spend much of their time badmouthing the Prez while sucking off the federal teat!
If you have been following the controversy swirling around the charge that Rep. Ilhan Omar might have committed fraud by marrying her brother, there might have been a fraud committed years before that even.
Back in 2008 I began a series of reports on the so-called P-3 program that permits already resettled refugees in the US to apply to bring in ‘family’ members.
All of that was chronicled at Refugee Resettlement Watch that WordPress suspended.
However, here John Binder writing at Breitbart sums up the State Department scandal and points to an important report by a former ICE attorney who says of the fraud that tens of thousands of Somalis got into the US and once the fraud was revealed there there were no repercussions for the cheaters.
“This was staggering irresponsibility, possibly the biggest blunder in immigration history.”
A refugee program that allowed foreign relatives of already-arrived foreign refugees to the United States was halted, altogether, more than a decade ago due to mass fraud among applicants.
This week, Powerline blog’s David Steinberg suggested that Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) entered the U.S. in the mid-1990s as a third-priority, known as P-3, refugee — that is, a refugee who is admitted to the country due to their ties to an already-resettled refugee. Steinberg’s report also claims that Omar committed immigration fraud when she falsely entered the country as a member of the “Omar” family that had already resettled in the U.S.
In 2008, after thousands of foreign nationals had entered as P-3 refugees, the program was halted by the *Bush administration* due to mass fraud wherein the State Department, through DNA testing, was able to confirm family relations between the program’s applicants in less than 20 percent of cases. Overall, about 87 percent of P-3 refugees’ family relation claims turned out to be fraudulent.
BTW, guess who opposed DNA testing for family reunification?
If you guessed the nine federal resettlement contractors—groups like the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service and so forth, you would be correct!
Why? They claimed that the definition of ‘family’ is different in African culture and we should respect their ideas of family.
Charles Thaddeus Fillinger, a former federal immigration official, has detailed the enormous fraud that has occurred among P-3 refugees in his 30-page policy paper, calling the program “the greatest refugee fraud crisis in modern times.”
I am so glad to see that this era of fraud has not been swept under the rug. Interesting that it would take a scandal swirling around a member of Congress to help bring it to light.
I had to laugh when I saw a guest on Fox Newsyesterday say that Rep. Ilhan Omar (or whatever her name is) did it right by entering the US legally!
Wonder if we can go back and identify the thousands of immigration cheats. Just dreaming!
See all of my previous posts on Rep. Ilhan Omar by clicking here.