NY Times Editor Resigns; No Diversity of Opinion Allowed

If you are like me and saw this story yesterday, you probably said, well heck I knew that, and moved on to more interesting reading.

However, reader Cathy sent me the newly unemployed editor’s letter to AG Sulzberger and I found it a very worthwhile read, so I’m posting a bit of it here with a link to the whole stinging rebuke, of not just the NYT, but of most of the legacy media today.

If you don’t know about the controversy here is a story by Howard Kurtz of Fox News today.

Message to you (and to me!), if they are calling you a “Nazi” and a “racist” wear the label with pride because it means you have gotten under their skin.

Bari Weiss to the NYT:

(with a little emphasis from me)

Dear AG,

It is with sadness that I write to tell you that I am resigning from The New York Times.

[….]

But the lessons that ought to have followed the election—lessons about the importance of understanding other Americans, the necessity of resisting tribalism, and the centrality of the free exchange of ideas to a democratic society—have not been learned. Instead, a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.

Twitter is not on the masthead of The New York Times. But Twitter has become its ultimate editor. As the ethics and mores of that platform have become those of the paper, the paper itself has increasingly become a kind of performance space. Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions. I was always taught that journalists were charged with writing the first rough draft of history. Now, history itself is one more ephemeral thing molded to fit the needs of a predetermined narrative.

[….]

My own forays into Wrongthink have made me the subject of constant bullying by colleagues who disagree with my views. They have called me a Nazi and a racist…

[….]

I do not understand how you have allowed this kind of behavior to go on inside your company in full view of the paper’s entire staff and the public. And I certainly can’t square how you and other Times leaders have stood by while simultaneously praising me in private for my courage. Showing up for work as a centrist at an American newspaper should not require bravery.

Part of me wishes I could say that my experience was unique. But the truth is that intellectual curiosity—let alone risk-taking—is now a liability at The Times. Why edit something challenging to our readers, or write something bold only to go through the numbing process of making it ideologically kosher, when we can assure ourselves of job security (and clicks) by publishing our 4000th op-ed arguing that Donald Trump is a unique danger to the country and the world? And so self-censorship has become the norm.

Keep reading, it gets even better.

 

Texas: Investigation and Trial of Alleged Serial Murderer, Billy Chemirmir, Delayed

Delayed due to the Chinese Virus says the Dallas Morning News,

Pandemic causes delay in investigation, trial of serial murder suspect Billy Chemirmir

Over two years after Billy Chemirmir’s arrest, families who say their elderly loved ones were killed by the serial murder suspect are wondering what’s taking so long for county officials to declare the deaths homicides.

Kenyan Billy Chemirmir with some of the seniors it is believed he smothered to death to steal their jewelry. (The only man so far identified as a possible victim was found in a pool of blood.)

 

Dallas County Medical Examiner Jeffery Barnard said Wednesday that the coronavirus pandemic has slowed the process of amending those death certificates but that he will work to clear the cases by the end of July.

The death certificate revisions aren’t the only part of the investigation into Chemirmir that has been slowed by the pandemic. His attorney, Phillip Hayes, said Thursday that the virus also will delay his criminal trial.

Chemirmir, 47, has been indicted in the deaths of 14 elderly people in Dallas and Collin counties, and civil lawsuits name him as a suspect in the deaths of eight others. A Kenyan immigrant with permanent resident status in the U.S., he is in the Dallas County Jail in lieu of $11.6 million bail.

The number of potential victims could make Chemirmir among the most prolific serial killers in Texas history. He maintains he is innocent.

Some of the victims’ family members are strongly voicing their objections to further delay by the Medical Examiners office.

See my post: Their mothers were murdered where I have published a list of previous posts. https://fraudscrookscriminals.com/2019/12/07/texas-their-mothers-were-murdered/

 

Secure Our Seniors Safety, a nonprofit founded last year by the daughters of four of Chemirmir’s alleged victims, says that at least five cases are awaiting amendment from “natural causes” or “old age” to homicide.

Throughout 2018, nearly two dozen families in North Texas received the shocking news that police were re-investigating their loved ones’ deaths as possible murders. The calls came as much as two years after their loved ones died at luxury senior living communities and private homes in Dallas, Richardson, Plano and Frisco.

The families had no choice but to wait for the causes of death to be amended and the cases to be presented to a grand jury.

For some, the wait lasted just a few weeks. Others waited months. Some are still waiting.

I highly recommend that you read the whole story

The Dallas Morning News is the only larger media outlet to report on the gruesome story since it first broke in the spring of 2019.

Nobody says this, but you know it…..

Frankly, if the killer was white and the victims black senior citizens this would be news trumpeted across the world on a regular basis. CNN  and the New York Times would have reporters camped in Dallas to report every detail of the story.

Heck, the Antifa rioters would likely have torn the jail down by now!

See my Billy Chemirmir (the Kenyan Killer) archive.  (There are some stories in the archive in which I just reference him in relation to other criminal cases.)

Minnesota: Machete “Man” Arrested, No Name Provided

***Update*** Machete man identified—white guy named Olson!  Read all about it!  Photo included!

LOL! It was last year’s Minnesota Machete Man I had in mind!  See here.

Move along, nothing to see!

Whoever this “man” is who brandished a machete and chased three children in Waite Park, MN on Thursday, he is 28 years old and no reason to withhold his name. He is not a minor in need of protection.

If anyone still wonders why we have no faith in the media, this is one reason why.

Immediately, and under the present circumstances not just in Minnesota and everywhere in America where racial tension is high, one becomes suspicious when incidents like this occur and we are not given the facts.

I assume if his name was Anderson or Johnson, the 28-year-old would have been named!  I could be wrong, but nevertheless this is news for a blog like this (whoever he is!).

From CBS Minnesota (hat tip: Bob):

Man Accused Of Chasing Children With Machete In Waite Park

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 28-year-old Waite Park man is in jail accused of chasing children with a machete Thursday.

We have come to expect no photo for alleged attackers like this, but no name for a 28-year-old who was arrested in the crime?

According to Waite Park police, officers were dispatched at 9:18 p.m. to the 200 block of 3rd Street South in Waite Park. They were responding to the report of a “male with a machete who had been chasing kids in the courtyard.”

While en route, officers were advised by dispatch that someone at the same address was reporting that someone pointed a gun at them.

After arriving on the scene, police determined that the suspect had been in the courtyard over the prior few days chopping at a tree with a machete. Police said he was chopping at the tree Thursday when, at some point, he stopped and began chasing three children who were playing nearby.

When one of the children advised a parent of the situation, they confronted the suspect. While the parent was speaking to the suspect, the suspect reached into his pocket, so the parent “became afraid and brandished a gun”, police said.

The suspect allegedly told police at the scene that the parent pointed a gun at his head. However, police said a gun was never pointed at him.

The suspect was then arrested for second-degree assault and taken to Stearns County Jail.

 

As soon as someone finds his name I will report—even if he is a machete-owning Anderson or Johnson!  (LOL!  He is an Olson! See update above!).

Endnote:  Where are the environmentalists?  For Pete’s sake, he was hacking at a tree for days after all!

Google Making it Harder to Find News the Left Doesn’t want You to See

Less than a week ago I told you about how Facebook is blocking sites like VDARE that apparently the woke and oh-so-smart people at Facebook don’t like, and it is no surprise to see Google hard at work doing the same.

Here is Robert Spencer, whose blog Jihad Watch has been the go-to site for the latest news about the ‘religion of peace’ for going on two decades, finding the site buried by Google.

And, look who is here—Imam-extraordinaire Omar Suleiman!

From Frontpage magazine (hat tip: Judy):

Google Erases the Existence of Those Who Speak Unwelcome Truths

http://www.danielgreenfield.org/

Daniel Greenfield, the peerless Shillman Fellow and FrontPage writer, tweeted the news on May 7: “Google just erased my Sultan Knish blog and Front Page Mag articles from the first pages of results for my name doubt very much this is accidental.”

I did too, so I checked for myself, and sure enough: a Google search for “Robert Spencer” now does not bring up Jihad Watch, where most of my writing outside of books has been published for the last seventeen years, but it does give you defamatory and distorted attack pieces from the far-Left Southern Poverty Law Center*** and the Saudi-funded Bridge Initiative, and nothing that doesn’t portray me and my work in the most unfavorable possible light.

This latest example of the tech giants’ determination to silence all dissenting voices reveals one often overlooked fact: they are desperately afraid.

Suleiman arrested with CAIR and Linda Sarsour as they protested Trump refugee policies and blocked a corridor on Capital Hill. See my post just a week ago about Suleiman: https://fraudscrookscriminals.com/2020/05/10/islamist-watch-warning-beware-woke-muslims/

Google is so afraid of Jihad Watch, in fact, that it is going to great lengths to make you think that the site (which you can find here) doesn’t exist at all.

Several years ago, under pressure from the Texas-based imam Omar Suleiman, Google changed the algorithm for its search results so as to bury anything critical of Islamic jihad violence or Sharia oppression of women. Jihad Watch, which for years had been the first result in a Google search for “jihad” (back when Google searches were based solely on relevance and the popularity of the site), fell off the front page of “jihad” searches.

Now Google has gone even farther to make sure you don’t see Jihad Watch. Just this morning, I was looking for an old Jihad Watch article from a few years ago that I needed for a citation, and I entered an exact phrase from that article into the Google search bar. What came back were two sites where the article had been republished, but no indication that it had ever been at Jihad Watch at all.

In George Orwell’s dystopian novel of a totalitarian society, 1984, to which far more people refer than have actually read the book, the dissenter Winston Smith’s job in the Ministry of Truth involves erasing from all historical records any mention of people who have been declared “nonpersons.” Foes of the regime aren’t just vilified. Their very existence is erased. Dissent is easy to control if all record of it ever having been enunciated is eradicated, and Google has apparently taken a page from Orwell’s book.

Of course, Jihad Watch is one of the least of the concerns of Big Tech. They’re erasing all manner of people who dissent from the Leftist agenda. Greenfield notes that “Google controls 80% of search. That means it controls what the internet looks like. And it’s continuing to erase conservatives from the internet. I’m just the latest victim. Its censorship and creepy surveillance have reached new heights during the pandemic.”

And help may be on the way….

Continue reading here.

*** One of the funniest things I ever read from someone who had newly been labeled a hate GROUP by the Southern Poverty Law Center was Daniel Greenfield’s post in 2012  when he learned he (with his blog Sultan Knish) had been added to the SPLC’s Hate GROUP list.

HOW I BECAME A HATE GROUP

Here are just a few snips:

When I went to sleep last night, little did I know that while outside sirens competed with car alarms in the symphony that is New York City, I had already been declared a hate group.

Being declared a hate group wasn’t in my plans for the day, but like winning the lottery, it seems to be one of those things that happens when you least expect it. Except that as the little bald man in front of the bodega tells you, you have to play to win, but you don’t even have to buy a ticket to be declared an official hate group.

My first response on finding out that I was now a hate group was to look around to see where everyone else was. A hate group needs the “group” part, and one man and a cat don’t seem to be enough. Even when the cat is a well known bigot who hates mice, birds, car alarms that go off in the middle of the night, the plumber and sudden noises.

Still the Southern Poverty Law Center had listed, “Sultan Knish a blog by Daniel Greenfield” as one of their “Active Anti-Muslim Hate Groups…”  

I suppose I found this so funny because the SPLC has done the same to me (I have a cat) too!

Once again, as I mentioned here recently, they have labelled my other blog Refugee Resettlement Watch (which is just me) a hate GROUP.

Clearly, the mainstream media never questions their research and is willingly led around by their noses.

WTH! Your Tax Dollars Paid for Bat Research at Wuhan Lab!

And, the ‘good doctor’ Fauci was involved during the Obama Administration!

Why isn’t this front page news everywhere?  Why does it take the Asia Times, Gateway Pundit, Powerline blog, and other smaller media to get this story out.

Thanks to reader Paul for alerting me to a Powerline blog post yesterday where blogger extraordinaire John Hinderaker wraps with this paragraph:

  Wouldn’t it be great if we had a free press that might ask questions about reports like this one? The problem, of course, is that Dr. Fauci would be the guy on the hot seat, and he is a revered “expert” in the press’s narrative. Even more important, Fauci’s enlistment of the Wuhan lab to do research banned in the U.S. happened in 2015–that is to say, during the Obama administration. If it had occurred during the Trump administration, there would be nothing else on the front pages of the New York Times and the Washington Post.

Please go read it all!  Follow the links for more information.