This is actually an update of news from Tennessee that I posted at Refugee Resettlement Watch in May with updates in June about the controversial night-flight of Unaccompanied Alien Children (mostly teenagers!) to Chattanooga, Tennessee.
So many posts I write at RRWcould just as easily be posted here at ‘Frauds and Crooks!’
Tennessee suspends shelter license following staffer arrest
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Tennessee officials on Thursday suspended the license of a Chattanooga shelter for immigrant children after one of the employees was arrested following abuse allegations.
The move comes as Tennessee’s top Republican leaders have called for more scrutiny surrounding the shelter. They allege the federal government has not been transparent when pressed about immigrant children moving through the state.
That rhetoric only intensified after Department of Children’s Services Commissioner Jennifer Nichols told lawmakers that in early June during an unannounced inspection of a Chattanooga shelter, a young boy reported he had witnessed “an act that, in our policy, would substantiate and require an investigation” while at the facility.
In a news release, Nichols on Thursday cited the abuse allegation and other issues that had plagued the shelter over the past month as reasons for the suspension.
According to the suspension summary, the department was alerted on June 15 that a 16-year-old boy had “absconded” from the shelter.
A week later, the department was told all the youth had been moved from the facility. On Wednesday, the Chattanooga Police Department announced that a staff member had been arrested and faced criminal charges.
Police officials say 35-year-old Randi Duarte faces charges of sexual battery by an authority figure, coercion of a witness and tampering with evidence. Police received a complaint in late May and worked with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Homeland Security and the Hamilton County District Attorney’s office to investigate the allegation.
Described by his attorney as a “soft spoken young man” you would think that Ismemen David Etute was the victim not the white apparently gay or trans restaurant worker whose head was smashed and was left “bubbling and gurgling” to die.
This story is all over the place and generally told in such a way as to make Isi Etute a 6’3, 205 pound linebacker look like the victim who claims he thought he was meeting with a woman for a second sexual encounter.
Feeling duped, he (understandably?) used his physical power to allegedly beat the man to death.
(I spent some time, searching to see if Etute’s family came to America as refugees (using asecret decoder ring!) but found no reference to his family’s immigration status. I did find many stories about Etute as an up and comer football player and a good catch for Virginia Tech.)
Virginia Tech football player Isi Etute told police he punched victim after meeting for sexual encounter
CHRISTIANSBURG — A now suspended Virginia Tech football player told police he punched a sexual partner five times in the face and stomped on him after discovering the person he thought was a woman was actually a man, according to arguments presented Wednesday in a Montgomery County courtroom.
According to the autopsy, all the bones in Blacksburg resident Jerry Paul Smith’s face were broken, his teeth were missing and he had multiple cranial fractures.The medical examiner’s office had previously revealed that Smith had died from blunt force trauma to the head.
Ismemen David Etute of Virginia Beach was arrested and charged with second-degree murder June 2 in the death of Smith, a Blacksburg restaurant worker.
Etute was granted bond in a hearing Wednesday morning in Montgomery County General District Court, but Chief Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney Patrick Jensen filed an expedited appeal that would have kept Etute in jail for up to five more days.
The two sides later Wednesday came to an agreement to release Etute on a $75,000 secured bond under house arrest and electronic monitoring, according to a release put out by Commonwealth’s Attorney Mary Pettitt. The order restricts Etute from returning to Montgomery County except to consult with his attorney or to attend court proceedings.
The courtroom was packed as Judge Randal Duncan excluded cameras from the courtroom at the start of the proceeding. Smith’s family was in attendance. More than a dozen football players — most of them clad in Virginia Tech gear — were there in support of Etute.
Etute was somehow tricked by Smith when it was his second visit to Smith’s apartment?
According to those statements, Etute visited the victim’s apartment April 10 for oral sex after he was matched up with someone named “Angie” on Tinder. Etute returned to the apartment May 31 to engage in sexual activity and discovered the person he was matched up with was a man, according to summaries of the evidence made by both Morgan and defense attorney Jimmy Turk.
Etute also told police that Smith did not assault him.
Etute told the police he punched the victim five times in the face and continued punching the victim when the person hit the ground and “stomped” on him. He heard “bubbling and gurgling” as he left the apartment, but didn’t call the police.
The case gets complicated when two groups who often consider themselves discriminated against in the political victimhood game face each other.
Now see the Roanoke Times on June 10th and the reaction from the Gay/Trans community.
They are pretty angry that the alleged killer is being treated like the victim because he was somehow (justifiably?) angry at supposedly learning he wasn’t soliciting sex from a woman.
Killing of Jerry Paul Smith called ‘irrational,’ Isi Etute defense called discriminatory
Reverberations continued to spread Thursday from the Memorial Day killing of a gay Blacksburg man whose alleged attacker, a Hokie linebacker, told police that he’d lashed out after discovering the person he met for a sexual encounter was not a woman.
Reactions to the killing of Jerry Paul Smith, a 40-year-old restaurant project manager, grew louder after a Wednesday bond hearing for Isimemen David Etute, 18, of Blacksburg. Etute, a freshman on Virginia Tech’s football team until his arrest, at which point he was suspended, faces a second-degree murder charge.
In the courtroom, defense attorney Jimmy Turk of Radford said that Smith had solicited Etute for sex. After the hearing, Turk said, “Nobody deserves to die, but I don’t mind saying, don’t pretend you are something that you are not. Don’t target or lure anyone under that perception. That’s just wrong.”
Last week, a spokesperson for Smith’s family described him as a proud, openly gay man.
Turk’s remarks prompted waves of comments online and elsewhere.
Samantha Rosenthal, associate professor of history at Roanoke College and co-founder of the Southwest Virginia LGBTQ+ History Project, wrote in an email Thursday: “Regardless of the victim’s gender identity, the comments by Etute’s attorney demonstrate that the defense intends to use transness as an issue in this case. There is unfortunately a long history of framing transgender people as inherently deceptive or untruthful about their identities.
Roanoke City Council member Joe Cobb, who identifies as a member of the region’s LGBT community, had similar thoughts, saying the larger picture was of how LGBTQ people are seen by the wider society and often have been blamed for crimes in which they were the victims.
“That’s discrimination,” Cobb said.
Calling Smith’s death “horrific,” Cobb said that though many details remain unknown, the part that stood out to him was that it involved two consenting adults who had already had one sexual encounter.
This will be a trial to watch if it ever comes to that!
In the meantime, I still want to know if the Etutes are ‘New Americans,’ which I suspect they are.
I’ve been so busy writing about the fraud surrounding the election of Chairman Joe, I haven’t been tracking the crime cases that might interest you.
Cases like this one that will never appear in the mainstream media for reasons that will become obvious when you read it!
As we have said many times, it is critically important for everyone who must place a loved one in a care home of any sort, to keep a watchful eye on that vulnerable senior or dementia patient. Visit often and visit at odd times!
Operator faces $1.5M wrongful death lawsuit over failure to conduct timely background check
A Kansas assisted living community is facing a $1.5 million wrongful death lawsuit alleging “grossly wanton and negligent” actions in failing to conduct a timely background check on an employee now charged with raping a resident.
The complaint againstThe Mapletonin Andover, KS, alleges that a “brutal rape” of a 68-year-old former resident by a former certified nursing assistant with a history of sexual assaults was a contributing factor in the woman’s death in August.
According to the complaint, the resident’s diagnosis of frontotemporal dementia “robbed her of her ability to advocate for herself, meet her basic hygienic needs or feed herself.” She moved into the community in March 2020.
That summer, according to the lawsuit, the woman’s daughter contacted the Kansas Department of Aging and the Andover Police Department, where she filed an abuse and neglect case. The daughter pursued the action after a hospice nurse noticed that the resident’s face and pubic region had been shaved and the facility did not provide answers to questions about who accessed her mother’s room. The daughter moved her mother to another senior living community in early August. The woman died Aug. 25.
The complaint states that Kim Dobbin, operator of the community, eventually told the police that an employee, Muhammed Qadeer Akram, admitted to shaving the resident “to make it easier to keep her clean.” The state investigator recommended the woman undergo a sexual assault exam, which revealed Akram’s DNA. He now is criminally charged with raping a mentally deficient victim. [You might want to look into information on the Islamic practice of shaving pubic hair. -ed]
He had a criminal background!
The state investigation also revealed that Mapleton did not check Akram’s criminal background until June 24, six months after he began caring for residents. A state cursory background check revealed that Akram had a 2005 rape allegation and a 2006 sexual battery charge, and that the Kansas Board of Healing Arts ruled in 2008 that he should have limited interactions with female patients after “allegations of sexual misconduct.” In 2009, Akram’s petition to terminate the limitations on his license was granted by the board.
Akram also previously had been sentenced to 18 months in federal prison after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit food stamp fraud, food stamp fraud and wire fraud.
The Wichita Eagledid a really big story on the case which I didn’t see until moments ago as I was ready to post this. See how persistent the daughter was! Check it out for more details.
I was looking for something else to illustrate how important it is to keep an eye on vulnerable seniors and came across this short, apparently British, video about physical abuse of seniors and other vulnerable people.
Rape suspect who was freed due to coronavirus kills his accuser in Alexandria, police say
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — Police in Virginia say that a rape suspect released from jail in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic went on to kill the woman who had accused him.
The Washington Post reports that Ibrahm E. Bouaichi was tracked down by authorities on Wednesday. But he shot himself and was in grave condition on Thursday.
Bouaichi was indicted last year on charges that included rape, strangulation and abduction. He was jailed without bond in Alexandria.
The woman testified against him in Alexandria District Court in December.
When the pandemic hit, Bouaichi’s lawyers argued that he should be freed awaiting trial because the virus endangered both inmates and their attorneys. He was released on $25,000 bond over the objections of a prosecutor.
Circuit Court Judge Nolan Dawkins released Bouaichi on the condition that he only leave his Maryland home to meet with his lawyers or pretrial services officials. [What! No ankle monitor, no nothing!—ed]
Alexandria police say that Bouaichi, 33, fatally shot the woman in late July.
Authorities said that federal marshals and Alexandria police spotted and pursued Bouaichi in Prince George’s County on Wednesday. He crashed his vehicle and apparently shot himself, authorities said.
Judge Dawkins retired in June. He did not respond to The Washington Post’s request for comment. Judges are often prohibited from commenting on pending cases.
Bouaichi’s attorneys, Manuel Leiva and Frank Salvato said in a statement that they were “certainly saddened by the tragedy both families have suffered here.” [BFD! Saddened, that’s all!—ed]
Police said the woman was a native of Venezuela and did not have family in this country.
And also see the UK Daily Mail which has a photo of the poor woman.
And, get this! He had been released in April on COVID fears, had a run-in with police in May and then went on to allegedly murder the Venezuelan woman in July.
Here is what the Daily Mail says about the May incident:
Bouaichi did have another run in with the law prior to the shooting, when in May he was arrested by Greenbelt police after they received a holdup alarm at a Wendy’s restaurant.
Responding officers say Bouaichi was acting strangely in the drive-thru and became uncooperative with police.
He was arrested and charged with two count of first-degree assault, two counts of second-degree assault, harming a law enforcement dog, resisting arrest, driving while intoxicated and multiple traffic charges.
He was released from Maryland jail on May 11, with Alexandria officials saying that they would have revoked his bond had they known about the incident.
That is disgusting. We know that Maryland is soft of criminals, especially immigrant criminals, but this is an outrage even for Maryland.
Unlawfully present Egyptian national charged with child exploitation-related offenses against South Texas minor
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas – An Egyptian national who is illegally present in the U.S. was indicted Monday on several charges related to the alleged exploitation of a South Texas minor.
U.S. Immigration and Custom’s Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations in Corpus Christi, Texas, conducted the investigation along with the George West (Texas) Police Department, Live Oak County (Texas) Sheriff’s Office and Texas Department of Public Safety.
Ehab Sadeek, 47, who resides in Winchester, Massachusetts, was indicted June 29 by a Corpus Christi grand jury on charges of online solicitation of a minor, travel with intent to engage in illicit sexual conduct and transfer of obscene materials to a minor.He was initially charged by criminal complaint and made an initial appearance before U.S. Magistrate Judge Julie K. Hampton. At that time, the court found probable cause that he committed the alleged offenses and ordered him into custody. He will appear again in federal court in the near future on the indictment.
The charges allege Sadeek used interstate and foreign commerce to knowingly persuade, induce, entice and coerce a minor victim in Live Oak County (Texas) to engage in sexual activity. From May 7 to May 26, Sadeek allegedly transferred obscene material to the same victim, knowing she was less than 16 years of age. According to the allegations, Sadeek traveled from Massachusetts to Texas with the intent to commit sexual offenses.
Now here is the news from ten years ago about a bagel maker who threatened to boil his daughter in the bagel kettle. He has the same name and would be 47 years old today. But who knows maybe (coincidentally) there are a whole passel of Ehab Sadeeks in Winchester, Mass!
Staties probe possible threats against juror, lawyer
State police are investigating possible threats against a juror and a defense attorney in the case of a Muslim bagel-maker acquitted of charges he plotted to boil his teenage daughter alive in an industrial kettle.
The probe was launched yesterday to determine whether the threats warrant criminal charges.
Sadeek, 37, an Egyptian national and owner of Bagel Land in Winchester, was found not guilty March 22 of more than a dozen charges stemming from his 15-year-old daughter’s claim that he beat her, held her down with a knife and threatened to toss her in his company’s bagel boiler for dating an 18-year-old boy.
Prosecutors argued the girl’s mother fled back to Egypt in 2008 to escape her husband, and that Sadeek violated a restraining order meant to protect his daughter.
Sadeek remains in custody, pending a hearing on his immigration status.
If it is the same ‘new American’ then I guess he didn’t remain in custody for too long!
If you live in Winchester, Mass. and know if the Texas alleged Egyptian perv is the same guy as the Bagel Land Egyptian, let me know!